Undergraduate students are eligible to submit research manuscripts, papers, and reports for presentation at the 2016 Research Session at ScholarCon, sponsored by Kappa Omicron Nu. (Orlando, FL, June 9-12, 2016)
Research not only bridges the gap between knowledge and experience but has the benefit of laying the groundwork for career exploration and development. The opportunity for undergraduates to participate in a national conference is an added value to the overall educational experience and to the process of self-discovery.
Read more at www.kon.org/CFP/cfp_urc.html
Nominations are now being accepted for the following Kappa Omicron Nu Board of Directors and committee positions. Candidates will be voted upon by the full membership in November/December, and new Board members will be seated at the 2016 Board meeting being held January 15-17, 2016.
- Chair, 2017-2018 (to serve as Chair-Elect during 2016)
- Vice Chair, 2016-2017
- Nominating Committee, 2016-2017
- Editorial Committee, 2016-2018
Qualified candidates will have maintained active membership status in Kappa Omicron Nu for at least the preceding 12 months.
Service to Kappa Omicron Nu offers:
- Leadership opportunities.
- Involvement with leaders in the field of family and consumer sciences.
- Opportunity to promote Kappa Omicron Nu and the holistic nature of the profession.
- Opportunity to enhance scholarship, research, and leadership in the profession.
- Networking with chapters and members nationwide.
- Flexible time commitment as determined by individual interests.
- Support by National Office staff to carry out responsibilities.
Nominations should include name, contact information, and the position being nominated for, and should be submitted to email@example.com no later than October 30, 2015.