The Undergraduate Research Journal for the Human Sciences announces awards for manuscripts in Volume 7 (calendar year 2008). The Undergraduate Research Community (URC) instituted these first-time awards and will continue annual awards.
- First Place – Catherine McBride, Stephanie Collins, Connie Bell, Casey Quinn, & Sheri Worthy* – Mississippi State University – "Parent's Influence on Children's Weight-Related Behaviors"
- Second Place – Rachel Barnett, University of Nebraska-Lincoln & Linda K. Crowe*, University of Nebraska-Kearney – "Traditional vs. Electronic Storybooks during Adult-Toddler Interactions"
- Third Place – Brittany Gower, Christine E. Hand, and Zachariah K. Crooks – Huntington University – "The Relationship between Stress and Eating in College-Aged Students"
- Honorable Mention – Heather Davis – James Madison University – "Gender Gaps in Math and Science Education"
- Honorable Mention – Desiree Raygor & Jennie Osseck – Truman State University – "Use of a Focus Group of Youth in a Juvenile Detention Center to Recommend Programming Based on the Results of a Developmental Assets Profile"
- Honorable Mention – Debra Lin – The Unversity of Texas-Austin – "Are Thy Pledging 'I Do' to Virginity Until Marriage: An Examination of the Factors Influencing the Effectiveness of Abstinence-Only Sexuality Education"
From Volume 7 with its 36 manuscripts, these awards represent high honor.
* – denotes faculty mentor