The Kappa Omicron Nu Assembly of Delegates recently approved a resolution on Social Responsibility.
Program objectives include the following;
- Promote, encourage, and strengthen leadership development at all levels of the campus community in regard to social responsibility.
- Engage in a dialogue among student groups regarding social responsibility.
- Commit to a leadership role in increasing campus and community awareness of a local issue or concern.
- Serve as role models of leadership.
The following proposed actions are encouraged:
- Collaborate with unit administrators and faculty and/or with other honor societies or student groups on campus to determne ways to promote social responsibiity during 2009-2012;
- Develop an action plan to promote social responsibility;
- Institute activities to promote social responsibility, evaluate them, and revise to enhance their effectiveness; and
- Publicize accomplishments and recognize participants.
All members and chapters have the opportunity to make a significant impact on the quality of living.